View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #29
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Can the Mavs make the playoffs without a true point guard in Nellie's system?

The Lakers got the finals winning the west. It speaks a lot by itself.

The Mavs on the paper has been terrific in the last 4 years, but underdog under Nellie. If not, then blame Nellie also, he chose them , didn't he?

Every one of them was a great coach indeed.

Your last paragraph is correct. Every subjective comment cannot be judged. It's a perspective from the author. It merely could be compared to his reader's own perspective.

Back on topic, I think the Mavs can make a better season "without a true point guard". It might make or force Nellie adjust his profound basketball principles for good.

Also, a more natural roster, including the departure of Walker -who impeded the natural performance of Dirk-, makes me feel that way. Despite Nelson. But I don't expect the championship by any means, already explained why.

Edit:

P.S. I don't know if the Mavs will win more games or advance further in the postseason, it depends on many factors, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enjoy a lot more the performance of the Mavs in this season, in spite of -and even missing him- not having Nash.