View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 11:41 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:No time for Kerry's Europhile delusions

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
"Fradulent" huh?
Yes, fraudulent.

"Bush had bin Laden cornered at Tora Bora"

Regarding bin Laden actually being in Tora Bora, Colonel John Mulholland, Commander of the 5th Special Forces Group, the man leading the Special Forces on the ground in Tora Bora, said, "Whether or not he was there or not, I truly never had the level of intelligence to say he was or wasn't." General Tommy Franks, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Central Command, said, " I have yet to see anything that proves bin Laden or whomever was there. That's not to say they weren't, but I've not seen proof that they were there."

Regarding having anybody "cornered", Colonel Mulholland said, "It would have been a difficult task for any military to go up in these mountains, search them out and take prisoners. This is incredible terrain, incredible elevations, and truthfully, very difficult with the force available to decisively search every nook and cranny, because there are no shortages of caves in Afghanistan. They probably number in the hundreds of thousands, if not 50 million. They just seem [to be] everywhere, and [they are] natural granite, not man-made. ..."

link

"and 'outsourced' the job to Afghan warlords"

U.S. Special Forces were in charge of the operation; Afghan forces were used to reduce American casualties. Saying that we "outsourced" the job implies 1) that we had forces available to do the job, and 2) that we weren't involved at all. Neither is true. Reading from the same interviews linked above, Colonel Mulholland said that we didn't have the American search forces available at the time. Also, as noted above, U.S Special Forces were in charge and led the operation.

Quote:
I'm not aware of a candidate who is proposing anything remotely resembling "socialized medicine". are you?
I'll have to come back to this tomorrow, along with the other comments about how much better European medicine is...