View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 AM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ESPN Insider: Chad Ford's take on the Mavs

Quote:
First, who, outside of perhaps Shaq, can't be shut down if a team really tries? AJ was an effective player for the Mavs, period. Second, if your aim is to talk down AJ comparing him to Walker isn't the best strategy. AJ's a fine rebounder at the SF position (which, for all his defensive shortcomings, is where I like him the most). It's hard for me to imagine how that's even debatable. Third, last year AJ was a good stats on a good team guy. His recent journeyman ways owe far more to his contract than to him being a good stats guy.
There are plenty of players how can't be shut down...Dirk for one. You can't just say "ok, tighten up on Dirk now"..he'll still kill you. Jamison isn't like that. He gets a lot of points by catching you off guard with his flip shots.

Understand my argument. I’m saying I’d rather have an on Walker than an on Jamison. Walker is only going to be on certain nights, but when he is he affects a game more because he can do more than Jamison. Jamison is a pure scorer and a good offensive rebounder because he’s a quick leaper. But even that’s negated when the game gets tight.

Jamison was fortunate to come to a winning team last year, but he didn’t really help us much. Hell, he shot 49% in games we lost.

He’s in the East now, do you think he’ll help Washington make the playoffs?