Thread: MAV BASHING
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #28
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:MAV BASHING

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
No one deserves to be called an idiot however, I would highly contest any individual who made the assertion that Dallas filling a need through acquiring Erick Dampier was the worst move of any team this offseason.
That's what Mavericks fans said to critics after the Montross deal, and we didn't give Montross an $80 million contract and he only cost us ONE first round draft pick, and NO solid rotation players like Laettner and Najera.

It can be argued, I suppose, that the Dampier deal was good for the Mavs because it helped us fill a need. Of course, that can only be proven true if the Mavs acheive more playoff success with him than they did without him. But I think you would be hard pressed to find a single NBA executive who didn't think that Dampier's seven year contract is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. You would find quite a few very well respected men that share that opinion. I am not a well respected man, but I would agree that this contract is a joke.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote