V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Stack will miss opener.

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Will it never end? Well, hopefully the MRI will come back negative and it'll heal up with just rest. It's frustrating but I'm on board with caution at this point.
Im a little confused on what happened. He told the media that it wasn't anything serious and that if it had been in the regular season that he would have fought through it. I looked up what a contusion was and I got
Quote:
"A bruise; an injury attended with more or less disorganization of the subcutaneous tissue and effusion of blood beneath the skin, but without apparent wound."
and
Quote:
an injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration
so he bruised his inner thigh and he's going in for a second MRI? He can't play because he has a bruise? I want him to heal and I dont want it to be a chronic ailment, but its just a bruise. Anyone medically trained to analyze this? Can the contusion be that serious or are we being fooled here. IS the MRI for something else?
You get use MRI to cause tissues in the body to take on different appearances. This is very helpful to the radiologist (who reads the MRI) in determining if something seen is normal or not.

As for how an MRI could be associated with a bruise? Lot of reasons ... in Stack's case the original MRI caould have indicated a bone bruise (trabecular microfracture) ... but those are usually around the knee.... and they're sometimes associated with ACL or MCL trouble. It's difficult to know since it's simply reported as a "bruise." But it's unlikely that Stack's bruise is the same sort of playground buise we're all used to seeing.

The bad news is the finding of bone bruises might also be an indicator of the presence of other injuries... Or in Stack's case they can occur following an injury to the knee and cause continued pain.

the good news is bone bruises eventually heal themselves and require no treatment except limitation of activity. The condition generally resolves within 6 months.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote