Thread: bradley
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:bradley

The only possible need that I can see for this team is an upgrade at the backup PF spot. We've got the PG spot filled and have more players deserving minutes than minutes to play them. The same can be said for the 2/3 positions. At center we have 5 on the roster and I don't see us getting a better center that can play right now for Bradley than Bradley himself. What we don't need is another project at center, we already have 2. So that leaves PF as the only spot that we need.

However after Damp, Bradley is clearly the best center that we have on the roster right now. And no center, including Damp, can be as disruptive as Shawn on the defensive end. Shawn is one of the best in the league at playing Yao and is also very good against Duncan. I certainly don't want to trade Shawn to a western conference opponent. That would be just stupid.

I might consider the Donyell Marshal trade, but at 1st thought I'd rather keep the Mantis. Henderson is doing extremely well at PF right now. Both Booth and Benga can play it if needed. And Dirk is not going to leave a lot of time for a packup to play anyways. However is the biggest problem that I see is that if we got Marshal then we'd start to see Dirk at the 5 spot a great deal more. That would be extremely detrimental to this team in the long run.

So I think that it would be the worst of ideas to trade Bradley unless someone goes crazy and offers a Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Jermain O'Neil, Ben Wallace, or other upper tier big man. I see the possibilities of that about as high as George Bush leaving Laura to join John Kerry in a civil union.