View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Finley among three Mavs now nursing ankles

Grade 2 and 3 sprains both have tears. Grade three tears are usually much more severe and leave the joint "lax"

I dont claim to be a doctor, but I'm not going to take Murphy's word for it after researching it across five medical websites, especially since he only provided anecdotal evidence that used the generic word "tear" without talking about the grade.

Quote:
The point is that it isn't necessarily an intelligent thing to throw out generalizations and blanket statements about injuries one way or the other.
throwing out anecdotes without research and evidence other than anecdotal ones isnt necessarily intelligent either.

I'll step aside if a doctor comes forward who knows about the subject but as it is, grade-specific information from medical websites and online journals trumps any anecdotal evidence that fails to specifically address the grades of sprains (tear severity). Third degree sprains leave the joint unable to bear weight, the sprain often causes damage to the nerves so pain is minimal, and the area itself becomes discolored. That is the information that is confirmed across many websites and the first part makes me highly doubt that Finley could have played for 3-4 minutes and shot the ball with a grade three sprain.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote