Thread: Fin Vs. Stack
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 07:58 PM   #16
MeMavsFan

MeMavsFan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Fin Vs. Stack

Like grandmastr said, I do feel that Fin was trying to do too much on the offensive end. I hope that he'll step back some when he returns.

More than just asking Fin or Stack, I'm thinking more of who should be the second option. Ideally, I would LIKE Stack to fill this role. Stack is better at getting to the goal and much better at creating his own shot off the dribble. His dribbling ability also allows him to create more for other players than Fin does. And, because Fin doesn't create as well for himself, there have to be more plays run for him which makes him more of the 1st option which is a role that should only be filled by Dirk on this team. HOWEVER, over the years, I've seen more of Fin so I trust him more at this point. I would not be prone to hand the position over to Stack after two games, but if he continues this type of play, he is definitely better suited.

I don't really say, Fin or Stack because I think Marquis can sit. He decision making really frustrates me. He does some really great things but sometimes I cringe when he has the ball.

Ideally, I would like to Terry, Fin, Stack, Dirk, and Damp at the end of games. Run the offense through Dirk with Stack as the second option. Fin, I think, could actually really thrive in this situation because he is such a great spot up shooter, with Dirk mainly and Stack creating Fin would get a lot of open jumpers and we all know he can knock those down.
MeMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote