View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:BREAKING NEWS: Powell Resigns

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
I would vote for a Rudy/Powell ticket in a second but it just won't happen. Besides the fact that middle america, a republican strong-hold, won't be too excited voting for a pro-life, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control canidiate. Their is a large part of our population that would not vote for a African-American #2, not just Republicans, alot of Democracts too. I hope that i'm wrong but this country just isn't ready for that yet, their are still too many people who grew up in the 60s who that think blacks are inherently less intelligent then white people, and that they are only good for raping, playing basketball and robbing banks. Maybe in a decade or two when those type of people start dying off and 90s Generation, a generation that is obviously more educated and open-minded on race issues start going to the polls, we might have a change.
I think you might be correct that Giuliani and Powell would be a ticket that would stretch the Republican platform in terms of policy, and would not appeal geographically to as large a swath of the country as other pairings.

I think you're mistaken with the rest of your suppositions.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote