View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 12:18 AM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:God wants to relieve poverty as much as abortion

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
If anything, I think God would be in favor of a flat tax. Isn't that essentially what tithing is? Or maybe he wouldn't be in favor of taxing at all, preferring that society should rely instead on voluntary gifts to help people who can't help themselves. There's certainly plenty of scripture to support that argument.
I never saw it like that, ape, thanks for opening my eyes! I think God did essentially institute a flat tax in the form of the tythe. Obviously, he seems to still want people to give out of the generosity of their hearts on top of that.

Wow, crazy revelation, Ape! I'll have to think on this a bit... The room in my brain that holds the theological arguments and memorized ancient texts is pretty unused and dusty. Thank you for stirring it up a bit.