View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Phoenix @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
My first thoughts after Damp went down: who is going to put mass on Amare?

My last thoughts: Henderson played his heart out but he just didnt have the strength or height for Amare. Guess it really sucked to lose Damp

I think we should have given Didier a chance, but lets be realistic here. M'Benga would have been eaten alive by Stoudamire.

With the exception of the third period and most of the fourth period, we couldn't contain Amare. This includes the period in the first quarter in which Dampier was guarding him. It was a bad matchup for Damp. Nelson said so in pre-game interviews. It may have sucked to lose him, but I doubt he could have done a whole lot better than what we saw out of the Mavericks in the second half. What we should be saying is that it took Nelson half the game to find something that worked. To his credit, he stuck with it. It wasn't enough this time. But I think we've got a great blueprint on how to beat Phoenix next time.

BTW- Phoenix is a damn good team. We shouldn't be making excuses. The injuries may not have been great, but even if we were completely healthy, I think we'd still have trouble with this team.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote