View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default The Maverick Worry

Yeah, it used to be defense.

The Mavericks can't play defense, and a team that can't play defense can't win when it matters.

We all knew it was true, in our hearts.

Still...when it was all clicking...when Dirk was on fire, when Stevie was blowing by people, when Fin was looking like Michael Jordan.

We ignored our beliefs. We refused to believe. "This team is different" we would say to ourselves. This team can outscore ANYONE.

Now, we can play D. But now, our new achilles heel is...

P-A-S-S-I-N-G.

Face it people. We suck at it.

Get the ball to Stack...he goes one one one.

Get the ball to Fin...he goes one on one.

Get the ball to Jet...he goes one on one.

Get the ball to Quis....he goes one one one.

Get the ball to JHo...he goes one on one.

Get the ball to Devin...he goes one on one.

Get the ball to Dirk....he usually goes one on one.

Sometimes he passes it, but usually, you get the feeling that he would have been better off

going one on one.

The Maverick offense has very few extra passes, very few back door cuts, very few people looking to set others up.

It consists of people getting cleared out and

going one on one.

I think the new season has started very well, but I worry about this offense. The Spurs, the Pistons, ALL the great teams that win championships in the leauge ALL have offenses that are looking out for the greaters good, and guys are ALWAYS looking for

"who has the better shot."

I NEVER get that sense with the 2004/2005 Mavs.

And I think that could be a problem.

I wonder if Nellie and the crew does?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote