View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 11:11 AM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The New Weakness

Back on topic.

The New Weakness.
I am not sure that the weakness (passing) is not designed by the offense.

I haven't seen alot of cutters this year. It is usually throw it low, or to Dirk, and either pick and roll, or clear out. No one should see the Kings or Pistons constant motion passing offense by Dallas' offense. Dallas hasn't been utilizing it. I know they have it in the "book", but most of what I have seen this year is "get the mismatch", post and shoot; or utilize Dirk in the pick-n-roll. Sometimes they go low to Damp, but usually only if he has his defender on his hip. None of these offenses is designed around cutting and passing. In fact, they are designed to minimize the use of the pass, and against quick teams that get lots of steals.

I also have to admit that from what I have seen, Dallas is at best in skillset, an average passing team.
Average rebounding team. Slightly better than average defensive team. Better than average offensive team. Better than average at steals and blocks. Below average dribbling. Slightly below average post-up (but enough to keep teams honest). About average overall shooters -- with Dirk, Fin, and Terry being above, but Benga, Hendu, Booth below, and Stack, Harris, Daniels, Bradley and Howard average.

I am not sure that getting Fin's outside shooting back, won't fix the passing issues (since they don't really run an offense that utilizes passing as its strength). They are just missing parts right now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote