View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #8
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Vince to Portland

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
Rakesh, I don't understand your point. If Carter is only a role player than wouldn't it be wise for Toronto to get as much as possible for him? Rahim is in the final year of his contract so they can actually save a ton of money with this deal then start over and build around Bosh. I think it would be a good move for them because Carter isn't giving the full effort one would expect. His numbers are way down and you can probably attribute that to his demand to be traded. Rahim is way overrated but still a very nice player. If Carter gets traded to Portland you can expect his all-star numbers to magically reappear. If he is dogging it then I have no use for the man and no NBA team in their right mind should either. I thought Bosh was drafted as a center and could play there until Rahim went to free agency. Certainly, I agree with you in that they don't need anyone that will set Bosh back because this kid has got a real future. Rahim is a selfish player and just might do that. It might be a very iffy trade on both fronts. A rare trade that makes both teams better? or worse?
I think it is a bad trade because the current toronto team with carter and rose is playing really really well, in spite of losing a couple games out west..they were in all their games till the end

Basically it's an if it ain't broke, don't fix it situation..

The problem is that Toronto is not guaranteed to get better but Portland is...they would plug vince carter and jalen rose into the shooting guard and small forward spots..and immediately you get better production than you did with rahim and anderson

That's why I think it'd be foolish..But if Carter is causing problems in the locker room and such, then go ahead and get rid of him. I haven't heard any reports of that and from what i've seen, the team has been doing well.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote