View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Damned... Detroit Fans are Trash.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I'm sure alot of basketball players have had beer or other objects thrown at them. I'm sure it happens on a regular basis where some type of object hits a player.

And yes, most of the incidents that I have seen have occurred in football and baseball, but are you going to tell me that the players don't have access to the fans? Sure they do. It occurs in Oakland on a routine basis, and there is definitely access to the fans especially around the bullpen.
I've watched a lot of college and pro basketball over the years and off the top of my head, I can't remember a fan throwing a cup of beer on a player.

If Milton Bradley had access to the fans, he probably would have gone into the stands in that late game in LA.

As far as the Oakland bullpen, that woman got her nose broken over less then it took to provoke Artest.
Well, I'm sure you've heard of the Ranger/Indian incident in Cleveland. There were at least 8-10 players there..probably more. I'm sure you can remember Philly fans throwing batteries and snowballs at Cowboys players back in the early 90's.... I would be shocked if any less than 25 players were hit then.

As for Oakland, I think you're forgetting numerous incidents that occurred before what happened with the Rangers this year.

Hockey players have beer and whatever thrown at them routinely while they're on the ice/bench or penalty box.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote