View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:39 PM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Damned... Detroit Fans are Trash.

Quote:
Well, I'm sure you've heard of the Ranger/Indian incident in Cleveland. There were at least 8-10 players there..probably more. I'm sure you can remember Philly fans throwing batteries and snowballs at Cowboys players back in the early 90's.... I would be shocked if any less than 25 players were hit then.

As for Oakland, I think you're forgetting numerous incidents that occurred before what happened with the Rangers this year.

Hockey players have beer and whatever thrown at them routinely while they're on the ice/bench or penalty box.
Those are all non-basketball examples. Once again, those players don't have the access to the fans that basketball players do. Are you saying that if the Cowboys could have gone after the Philly fans throwing batteries, they would have just turned the other cheek?

As open as the bullpen is, there's still a partition between the fans and the players.