View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 12:58 AM   #100
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Damned... Detroit Fans are Trash.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Ben Wallace doesn't need to be suspended for 5-10 games and i will be extremely upset if he is. He responded to a flagrant foul, something players do all the time. He did go after Artest, so he should be suspended for one or two games.

Artest although he did commit the foul, did not get into the altercation at all, he was just laying down(arrogantly). Let's get something straight, no one, and i mean NO ONE, deserves to have beer thrown at them. Although i believe Artest, in theory, started this whole thing, doesn't deserve to get suspended anymore or less than Wallace.

Jackson probably deserved the most time off. I love him to death, but he did try to get into it with Derrick Coleman, Ben Wallace, and Lindsay Hunter. And when he went into the stands, he tried to separate Artest from fans, but when someone threw beer on him too, he attacked.

O'Neal probably only deserves a fine. Because the only thing he did was hit a fan that 1, was on the court which isn't suppose to happen under any circumstance, and 2, attacked Artest and Anthony Johnson.

My thoughts are that it's so sad. I couldn't even enjoy the Mavs win because of this. I was extremely upset and in tears because i saw little kids crying because they were scared for their lives. Also, NBA players are probably looked down upon the most of any athlete, but i believe that this is the one time where NO player was at fault as far as altercation with fans go. I myself was brought up in a way that i don't have to put up with anybody's crap. Now i'm probably the most nonviolent person you'll ever meet. So when someone pours beer on me, as mad as i would be, would never attacked another human being, but that's just me.

I don't blame a single player for what happened. When you combine players from both teams, that's a total from anywhere between 24 and 30 players. And when you're performing in front of thousands, you guys are all you got. So you have a natural right to defend yourself. That's what it comes down to.

Did you see what Wallace did? I've never seen a player respond to a flagrant foul like Ben Wallace did. He muffed the hell out of Artests face. You can't give him a pass on this. I know he's a likeable, I like him myself but he's the root of this problem and if he just takes his 2 free throws and possession this incident doesn't happen.

Quote:
Although i believe Artest, in theory, started this whole thing, doesn't deserve to get suspended anymore or less than Wallace.
I somewhat agree with this. They both should be suspended for the same amount of games.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote