View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #229
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default RE:New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

GP, I don't think I was quite clear on my earlier post. I was quoting murph, but I do think what he said is very plausible based soley on chronology of events. When everybody was healthy, the mavs were playing wonderful basketball, but now that dampier, terry, and finley are down, the mavs are having some difficulty on offense.

Regarding the schemes, it does look like they too often call for one on one basketball, and I can't say that I'm too impressed with some of the offensive schemes Nellie uses. I think Nellie's strongest suit might be exploiting matchups. I watched a little bit of a wizard's game(not involving the mavs), and I was just astounded at the level of passing by the wizards. They had so many plays designed for players to cut and get wide open layups. I wish the mavs had some of this implemented in their offense. I think the potential for this type of team is there, but I don't know if the coaching is. Really, it will probably take a while before we truly know what this team is all about, and injuries, are certainly not helping the cause.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote