Thread: F*** the NBA
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #52
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: F*** the NBA

I disagree with the "that kid deserves money" statement. That kid doesn't deserve a dime. All he did was stand there. He did nothing to "earn" any money. He did nothing productive.

That's not to say that he's not a victim of a crime, because he is. But I dislike intensely the idea in America that just being a victime entitles you to a financial windfall. Artest committed a crime, and therefore deserves punishment. That punishment should come in many forms. First, Artest should be criminaly charged with assault or battery and should go to jail. He should be suspended from the NBA for a long, long, long time without pay. And finally, he should pay some fines. However, I disagree that this kid should be the recipient of those fines. He has done nothing, he should get nothing. He is perfectly capable of living his life the way he always has. One crazy ass night doesn't entitle him to a lifetime of financial security.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote