View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #110
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas at Memphis Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I'm glad that many are so willing to overlook the shot attempts and misses by Dirk tonight. If it was any other player, he'd be dragged through the mud and then some.

I know it's not a normal thing for him (the shot attempts or misses), but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some criticism. And please don't use the injury excuse. We've heard that for Dampier, Daniels, Howard, and Terry this year. You think Finley is going to be given the same courtesy? He hasn't in the past.

And for those wondering...Dirk is shooting 37% on nearly 21 (20.6 to be exact) shots per in the last 3 games.

Yea i've noticed that. These last 3 games I believe since coming off the injury he hasn't been shooting too well. There's nothing wrong with taking 27 shots but it shouldn't happen when you can't throw the ball in the ocean. Being that Dirk's our only consistent option on the offensive side we can't afford for him to have these types of shooting nights on 27 shots. Tonight we got a pass because we faced a team that was missing possibly their best player and a great role player. I'm not sure if we have this same luxury if we would've faced the Spurs. I've been really impressed by Dirk's rebounding this season. In the past you could expect a 10 rebounding game often but this season it seems like he is consistently grabbing 3+ boards a night. I wish we can get that same effort from Damp when it comes to the boards.

BTW, I also agree that if it takes Dirk 27 shots in order for us to limit Stack's shots then i'm all for it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote