View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Notebook: Nelson will give Johnson control against Spurs

Given that the plan was to have The Little General take the reins five or six times this season, it seems natural that this would be one of those situations. It's early in the year, and there could be no more ideal opponent for TLG to cut his teeth on.

I agree with Rabbitproof. It would be awfully hard to find a parallel to this, in all of sports. Give Nellie props. It speaks to his own self-confidence. It speaks to his prioritizing the needs of the franchise over the needs of himself. And all in all, it may prove to be a unique motivational tool, at a time of the season when extraordinary motivational tools are hard to come by.

The anti-Nellie sentiment on this board truly amuses me. Mostly, I think it's the closet coaches who complain. In their infinite coaching wisdom, garnered over who knows how many years of coaching at who knows what level, they can sit in front of their own television sets and dream up better ways. I am reminded of Johnathan Swift:

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Wear the hat if it fits.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote