View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #31
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Dampier - 73 million, Devin Harris...

Quote:
MADAPE: "we gave up ... two solid veteran rotation players ..."
When you evaluate Najera and Laettner in such a manner ("solid veteran rotation players"), I (a) almost died laughing, and (b) understood how flawed your analysis of players is.

Here in Dallas last year, Najera was a 3rd string center on a team who sorely needed a center, and a 3rd string SF on a team who lacked one, and a 5th team PF. He provided hustle, but was constantly injured. Laettner was in such demand that the Warriors paid him in full to go away, rather than keep him on their roster.

Those are the players of YOUR dreams? Ack, if I was Shawn Bradley, i would be insulted to be placed in such company, in the pantheon of "players that Madape thinks are wonderful."

I WOULD ADDRESS ALL THE OTHER POINTS OF YOUR SILLY ANALYSIS, BUT THE OTHERS ALREADY SKEWERED IT SO WELL THAT THERE IS NO NEED TO DO IT AGAIN. We have a solid center in Dallas now, and maybe someday you will open your eyes and appreciate the upgrade that has finally arrived. He isnt perfect, but thats how centers are - they come with flaws. BUT, he is the very thing we have been wanting here for the last 10-15 years, and I sure as heck am thrilled to see it.

Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote