View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stackhouse to Chicago idea

From what I understand, Toronto would want Chandler or Curry plus either Hinrich or Gordon. I don't think the Bulls are inclined to do that. I DO think the Bulls are inclined to move either Chandler or Curry.

The real question is where Stackhouse would fit into Chicago's plans. They have their backcourt of the future in Hinrich and Gordon (assuming that Gordon pans out, which I think he will), and they have their SF of the future in Deng. Deng is already playing solid basketball from what I can tell. They also have another solid rookie SF in Nocioni and a potential backup PG in Chris Duhon. If they insert Stackhouse into the equation, does he start at SG, with Gordon coming off the bench? If they give us Chandler (or Curry) who starts at PF (or C)?

From our standpoint, your proposed deal is a no-brainer, IMO.

Dampier - Bradley - Booth
Nowitzki - Chandler - Henderson
Howard - Daniels
Finley - Piatkowski
Harris - Terry

IR: Benga, Pavel, TAW

Chandler is a good rebounder and active big who could play backup PF and some C in certain situations.

Dampier 32 - Chandler 16
Nowitzki 38 - Chandler 10
Howard 35 - Daniels 13
Finley 32 - Daniels 16
Harris 18 - Terry 30

Looks pretty darn good to me.