View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Religious/Political Question

I'm a Christian first, Republican second. I will always vote for a pro-life candidate.

I know that Kerry is a Catholic.... a Christian denomination... however I had a problem with his stance (or should I say double-stance) position on abortion. Catholic faith will always take a pro-life stance. Kerry didn't. However he attempted to get around that with his proclamation that he didn't feel he could impose his views on others that didn't believe like him so he supported the availability of a mother to kill her unborn child. To me, that is not being a Christian. It's being a politician trying to please everyone.

So with out a doubt it was a "Biblical" vote. As Americans we should vote for the candidate that most represents our views. And as a Christian I did so by voting for Bush.