View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road
Default RE:UTA Maverick Basketball

Yes they are......BUT

our new President has since day one called Texas Hall a "temporary" facility........there will be an announcememt in the spring semester regarding the arena / football issue......

it appears that UTA is going to start a MASSIVE capital campaing covering football, a new arena, and addressing numerous academic issues........Southeastern Louisiana did something like this recently (but only football and academic buildings) and raised well over 80 million dollars.........

the reason I (and others) believe this to be the case is that the football announcment was originally going to be late December, but Pres Spaniolo said this past week he wants to issue the statement to the students while they are in session.......if I was giving bad news I would want to keep it as small as possible, in terms of backlash (end of december would be PERFECT, NO students)......but if I am giving good news I want everyone to hear it......

Just a week after he announced the football decision will be held until spring they announced that the arena issue will be addressed as well.........

my gut and my business sense tell me to be optimistic about this move...........

but currently we are playing games in Texas Hall.....

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote