View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Religious/Political Question

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
and right now satan controls the Earth, because God allows it.
Dalm, this strikes me as completely illogical.
Maybe seems illogical, but yes their is some biblical backing.

1) Satan offers dominion to Jesus
2) Satan and Job --- only God will not allow his death
3) In Joshua 10:13 and 2Sam1:18 the bible mentions the book of Jasher --- read it --- it is a history of Genesis through Moses or so.
4) There are actually several other places, but I need to dig them up.....PM me if you need more information.
I probably shouldn't bog down this thread, but should start another one instead. (Or perhaps should not mention it at all.) But what I was getting at was *not* to question whether "Satan" controls the Earth, but rather to question how "God," at least in the way that "God" is generally understood by Christians, could allow this to happen.

To me there is no logic that can explain how God loves mankind above all else, and he is powerful enough to erase Satan--and in fact he WILL erase Satan--but in the meantime he lets Satan cause pain and suffering for his beloved "children." The qualities that would allow this situation to exist stand in direct opposition to the qualities that we normally assign to "God"--and that we strive to emulate ourselves.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote