View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 02:43 PM   #52
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Religious/Political Question

U2 wrote:

"That is a ridiculous argument. Same sex marriages are already "excluded", has been for years and nothing like you suggested has been proposed. Nor would it. I think you know that, you seem smart enough to figure that out."

So you're telling me it's "ridiculous" to imagine that actively and explicitly banning same-sex marriages – an issue which just recently arose on a federal level, and is now being weighed individually by many states – could lead to a slippery slope of other exclusionary practices? That that scenario is somehow more "ridiculous" than matter-of-factly stating that allowing consenting same-sex adults to marry could lead to polygamy, bestiality and incest?

You gave me too much credit, U2. I'm not smart enough, I guess, to figure THAT logic out.