View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 11:58 AM   #12
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New starting point guard

kg, you hit the nail on the head--pure idiocy here.

With all the depth we now have, why does Nellie insist on inferior starting lineups? JET has been a starter his entire NBA career, so let's piss him off and make him come off the bench! Great idea. So far, Terry has handled it with class, but you have to know this will piss him off, first getting passed over for the rook, and then getting passed over for a guy whose been with the Mavs less than a week.

Sure, Terry has been somewhat inconsistent, but I have to believe that part of the reason for that is adjusting to a bench role. I would love to see how Terry would perform as a starter, but it looks like we may never know.

Additionally, Armstrong is a mature vet and is completely accustomed to the bench role. He brings just as much of a spark off the bench as JET, so why not put him in that position?

The only positive out of this is moving Devin to a back-up role. I think the kid is going to be a player, but let him get his feet wet against the other team's back-up point, why throw him to the wolves every night against the starters?

I hope Nellie comes to his senses and starts the JET tonight. If not, I fear we will soon have a disgruntled player on our hands, which is a real shame because JET's attitude and enthusiasm have been great so far. Nellie just needs until the All-Star break to completely crush that spirit. Mind boggling!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote