View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #69
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:The Official College Football National Championship thread

personally, i think your beef needs to be with the Pac-10 and the preseason polls. usc had 5 close games this year (in a lousy conference) and yet were never removed from their perch because voters felt sorry for them from last year. that's absurd! i don't know how lsu gets in the national title game last year by winning the SEC and auburn gets left out after winning the SEC. it doesn't make sense. seems like all the voters have excuses for usc and never say, "maybe they're not the #1 team." against oregon state it was the fog, against va.tech it was opening day, against ucla and stanford they were rivalry games. they didn't lose votes this week, ou gained them by beating the tar out of CU. when auburn played a close "rivalry" game against alabama everyone said, see they aren't as good as thought, and they lost votes - when if they would've actually WATCHED the game, they would've clearly seen auburn dominated that game. when OU played closer than expected "rivalry" games with OSU and A&M voters said the same thing. When Cal doesn't dismantle Southern Miss they lose votes. when Texas edged Kansas they lost votes. USC plays in arguably the second weakest of the major conferences and stumbled through a ton of games and yet never came close to being bumped down a few notches! as far as i'm concerned, the two teams that proved they should be there are OU and Auburn. put usc and cal in the big 12 or the SEC and see how they finish - i'm willing to bet it wouldn't be 11-0 and 10-1...
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote