View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 09:24 AM   #92
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Religious/Political Question

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
I can barely contain a righteous anger when I read some of the condescending, patronizing, pharisiac, faux-piety masquerading as theological certainty in this thread.
Actually, Kiki I would argue it is much more pharisaic to try to make God maleable to your values and lifestyle than to make your values and lifestyle maleable to God.

I know which side of this arguement you are on - and I respect that. We (I don't mean to be preseumptuous when I say "we") are simply saying that suggesting God condones homosexuality is an uninformed opinion.
I'm making a conscious, deliberate effort to avoid getting into a tit-for-tat with anyone, particularly on this issue. It just spoils any kind of good holiday buzz (you know--peace, fellowship, goodwill toward fellow men, yada, yada, yada) that I can work up.

But two things to consider:

1) Check the definition of pharisaic and re-consider to whom it more aptly applies.

2) Consider the irony of having James Dean (documentedly bisexual) as your avatar.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote