View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #10
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Has Mavs defense really improved? Or it's only an Illusion?

Reason I said that is you started to say that the Mavs had bad D, then when someone brought up some stats that showed otherwise you said the following. . .

Quote:
Ok, so they can hold opponent under 100 per game but they don't even score 100 per game. What good is defense if you have bad offense?
So basically you back tracked. You came in here and made a statement on the Mavs D without knowing what you were talking about first. And that's why I said what I said.

Defense should be judge within the context of every game. Pheonix doesn't want to play grind it out, they want to run, and since they are a great offensive team most teams can't hang and so you see a large point differential. If you let the Suns dictate the pace of the game then you will most likely lose.

The Mavs are vastly improved on defense, that is a fact. All you have to do is look at opponenets FG% to prove that. Offense is what needs to be improved, and that should happen with time. The more this team plays together the more they will gel. PG play will be key as well.