View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #245
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Sonics @ Mavs Game Day Thread

i was at the game tonight, and i really thought they were going to pull it out...but i guess it wasn't meant to be. a few observations/questions:

1. nellie is an idiot. i really haven't criticized him much before, but i honestly have no idea what he was thinking tonight. when you're losing the board battle by a large margin and you can't even get the ball past mid-court, why the hell do you play 4 shooting guards/small forwards and a power forward? don't you think a center or a point guard would help these problems. and then, when finley is clearly the man getting us back in the game in the fourth and dirk is clearly the man in general, why the hell do you insist upon going to marquis daniels in the post on every single freaking possession? marquis shouldn't even have been in the game, let alone have been the focus of the offense. why does terry not play more in this game? he was playing well...nellie, i have no idea what was going through your mind.

2. have i ever mentioned how much i hate danny fortson?

3. finley had a much better game than i expected...it seemed like he really sparked a comeback/kept us in the game when dirk was out of the game. also, i think he did a much better job on allen than daniels or howard did...he really stayed in ray's jersey and kept him from blowing up in the second half like he did in the first.

4. on that note, is it just me or is daniels just a bad defender? i know the ankle is slowing him down right now, but seriously, he got scored on a whole lot tonight...more of a reason to TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME, NELLIE!

5. how the hell did howard only get 1 rebound in 30 minutes in a game where we were losing so badly on the boards?

6. why is stackhouse so bad? granted, he did some good stuff late, but that just negated all the moronic things he did the rest of the game.

7. when the hell will chris arnold be fired? is there a more annoying human being on the planet?

although the game sucked because we lost and we were so close, i think there are some positives to take with it...basically no one played all that well, and nellie coached like a complete idiot...so we can be a lot better in the very near future. and if we got close to beating a good sonics team with these two things holding us back, think how good we can be when people play up to their potential and nellie stops dicking around.