View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 04:12 PM   #116
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Religious/Political Question

Quote:
And unfortunately, it can take years and years for people to get away from their sins.
Or one moment of enlightenment.

Quote:
The church does need to do a better job of not spotlighting homosexuals as it does. That is the same with society, really
I concur with this point.

Quote:
In fact, they are actually losing ground. 10 years ago, there were no Defense of Marriage Acts. There were no constitutional amendments banning gay marriage. Now nearly every state has a DOMA and 14-15 states have constitutional amendments against gay marriage.
I think you can ake an arguement for a moral "reawakening" of America. Especially, in light of the results of last month's election. Americans, in general, have always been led by a strong moral compass- and it seems as though the sleeping giant has been roused.

Quote:
I think that the fascinating thing is that people are so determined to get the Bible on their side. Why? If the Bible calls homosexuality a sin (which it clearly does) and people disagree, why do those people still considered the Bible an authority? If you have to work so hard to darken even a light shadow on that the Bible’s intention, why? Why don’t people just dismiss the Bible and move on to something else.
This is a great point. People want their cake and to eat it too. The fact is that you cannot believe that the Bilble is the God-beathed, Holy, inspired Word of God and justify moral deviancy (aka: Sin). Many people try, but its a slippery slope...and the two schools of thought are diametrically-opposed to one another.