View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New Orleans at Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
...and a huge spot to fill at quarterback. Any ideas on who they might try to aquire? I would say draft one, but I'm too unfamiliar with the collegiate qbs to pick a good one. I'm wondering who will be a free agent after this year. Brees will be, but I'm not sure if he is what this team needs.
I think there are only two sure-fire franchise QBs in this draft, Aaron Rogers and Matt Leinert. I think both will be picked in the top five picks, so if the Cowboys really liked either one of them, they'd need to make a serious trade.

In my opinion, there are too many holes on this team. I think we'd be better off adding two first round players instead of just one. That being said, there are plenty of second tier QBs that we could pick in the middle to late first round, or even in the second. Kyle Orton from Purdue is one of those, but the guy I really like is Alex Smith from Utah. He's big and has a great arm . Plus, he's incredibly mobile in the pocket.

The best thing is that he's a very, very smart player. At Utah, he didn't throw many interceptions. He took so many advanced placement courses in high-schoo that hel came into college as a Junior. He got his degree when he was 20. His daddy is John L. Smith, head coach of Michigan State, so you know he has football smarts to match his off the field smarts. At Utah, he proved he could succeed in leading a pass-first offense to an undefeated record. But his intelligence and sound decision making will allow him to be the perfect caretaker of a run oriented, Parcells offense.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote