Thread: nickelodeon
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:nickelodeon

I won't decry the man's achievements in sport, suspect as they may be.
I won't downplay what he's done for cancer reasearch - But should note he profits from this noble endeavor.
I won't fault the man for being arrogant - being "best in the world" - justifies, to a degree, being egotistical.

BUT-
Lance Armstrong is a tortured soul & refuses to acknowledge his creator's existence.

He has twice beaten off cancer. Say again - he has stared death in the face and conquered it, twice. And after suffering the lowest of lows - Lance experienced the highest of highs. From wasted and broken to miraculously healed, in that same body he now makes the impossible seem routine.

Doctors said he would die - he lives.
They said he would be sterile - three healty kids.
Critics said he would fail - he dominates.

These events define Lance as a man. Instead of embracing God - he's become his own God.

He is so vehemetly agnostic his marriage crumbled. The wife who gave him three beautiful children was too weak. She holds on to the crutch of christianity, and Lance despises her for it. How dare she bring God into the house that Lance built. Without any warning or attempt at reconcilliation Lance up and left her with 2 toddlers and a newborn - because she was a mere mortal.

This short version of events is not speculation as to what may have happend - this is a first hand account. This privileged information was obtained over the course of several months (2002) through casual conversations with the wife of Lance's personal assistant.

Before I continue I should mention; I met the man, I shook his hand, and I conversed with him briefly. He seemed like a nice person at the time. but what he is currently doing to the gentlemen who introduced us forms my opinion.

My friends are now being sued by Armstrong - (Associated Press 12/14/04) AAStatesman

Mike and Alison have a little baby boy now so I don't see them much anymore. They are good people who picked a fight they won't win. Mike is a nice guy who took Lance at his word when he said he would help Mike out once he started his bike shop. They never had any formal arrangement because there wasn't any reason to think Armstrong wasn't trustworthy. Mike bent over backwards for Lance. He prepared meals, fixed bikes, arranged transportation and accomodations - basically he did anything and everything Lance requested of him for 2 years.

Now that their professional relationship is over Lance refuses to make good on the promises he made to the friend he employed. Mike is now at odds with most of the cycling community in Austin, and thus professionaly and privated ruined. It's assumed by most that Anderson is attempting to extort Armstrong - when in reality he's shocked the man who he literally did everything for is now trying to destroy him.

Yet Armstrong didn't think twice. His concience was his guide.

Lance Armstrong considers himself above reproach.

What more can I say? Ultimately - he can live his life the way he wants. I don't envy him - I pity him.

I just want the truth to come out about a man considered worthly of the title "Man of the Year."

He is a Godless and Gutless man.