View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 12:32 AM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs' Howard showing Pippen-like qualities

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
I think he'll wind up being more of a slasher/scorer.
That's not a Pippen like player. They're about the same height and both play good defense, but that's about it. If there's a Pippen like player in the game today, it's Grant Hill...well rounded...doesn't dominate in any one aspect of the game, but can do it all. I was watching Lakers/Blazers game 7 today and you could have played Pippen at the point.

Josh is more Shawn Marion like.
I don´t think Howard is "pippen like" either right now. Just wanted to add that in your characterization of Pippen you got one thing wrong IMO. Pippen did dominate in one aspect of the game. He was a one man wrecking crew on defense and certainly one of the best defenders in the 90`s.

I think the closest to Pippen right now is AK47. Not as good on offense but he´s adequate and efficient. And like Pippen he can dominate the floor on D covering alot of positions. Another good comparison would be Artest if he wasn´t insane.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote