View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
I think they definitely need a QB. If the coaching staff says that they like Romo as much as Henson then Henson won't make it. I am watching this Auburn, Virginia Tech game and I see a QB that would look very nice in a Cowboys uniform. Campbell has a great arm and the announcers said he has 4.5 speed. He has been accurate all night and VT defense isn't half bad. I am liking what I am seeing. Oops an INT, but the throw was perfect. I think the Cows could use upgrades at just about EVERY position. The only players I really like from this team are Roy Williams, Larry Allen, Jason Witten and Julius Jones.
hmm...You don't like Al Johnson?...Keyshawn Johnson?...Terry Glenn?...Crayton and Copper?...Greg Ellis?...LaRoi Glover?...TNewman?...Barnes?...I'm sure I could come up with more such as Dan Campbell and Richie Anderson......there's quite a few players on the team that are good players and can be significant contributors on this team for years to come. No, not all of them are stars.

But hey, what's not to like about KJohnson, Terry Glenn, Quincy Morgan, Patrick Crayton, and Terrance Copper if they're the 2-6 receivers on the team?

I can live with Richie Anderson as the third down runningback as long as they bring in someone to backup JJones.

Newman? He struggled early and often, but he showed alot to me with the way he bounced back the last 4-5 weeks of the season.

Al Johnson? He looks like he can play center in this league.

Darian Barnes? He's your starting FB and he was an undrafted FA. Definitely a nice find.

I could go on and on with guys that can contribute for the 'boys in the future. Yes, they do have some glaring holes, but don't throw everyone under the bus for the poor season.

Greg Ellis and LaRoi Glover? They both played at or near Pro Bowl level this year.

Dan Campbell? He's a good blocker and a decent receiver at the TE spot.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote