View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 03:45 AM   #17
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all
Default RE: Nuggets fire Bzdelik

Kidd is a hard decision, if he is available. The contract is awful, and he has age and health issues (even if he is "healthy" he still has a really bad knee). He cant shoot a lick. But of course he can pass and rebound.

NJ's asking price would probably be too high for the risk. We need Henderson. He has been an important contributor. So the only expiring contract we could offer would be Armstrong.

And I wouldnt include Harris, no way. My list of possibles would offer Stackhouse or Daniels (but not both), Booth, Wahad, and Armstrong. MAYBE a young center, if there is any sense that one or the other isnt going to pan out. None of that would really excite NJ, I bet, but I wouldnt be willing to pay more, with all the negatives.

Whether NJ would be interested would certainly depend on what sort of offers other teams would make. If Kidd has ruled out Portland, you have to wonder if any other team would be willing to absorb his contract, plus offer significant talent. The rumors say yes. Common sense says no.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote