View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Winning OK, but Nelson wants more from Mavs

You are right about the insults and underestimation. I really don't believe in negative motivation. Personally, I would rather hear someone keep saying, "You can do it" rather than "It will be hard." To me, if you keep hearing negatives, even though the game hasn't begun yet, you are already at a disadvantage. Furthermore, you will eventually believe what you keep hearing. If you keep hearing the Mavs aren't an elite team, then they aren't an elite team. You will think Mavs need gimmicks or tricks to beat the "elite" teams. I guess you will never ever hear any of the great champions admit that they can't beat someone. That's Nellie's style so Mavs fans have to live with it. As for him, putting his team down after they score 120 and beat the opponent handily, I would rather hear "Great job" than "Don't get fooled" Geez.

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Nelson's just gesturing. I don't know if he knows any other motivational tool, but he certainly uses insult and underestimation a lot.