View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #27
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Winning OK, but Nelson wants more from Mavs

The problem with these critiques of Nellie's comments is that his comments were right on the money. This team is not playing up to its potential.When it does, like in the first quarter against Milwaukee, it can be awesome. But after the 1st quarter blitz, and all those assists, Terry disappeared. Damp got quick fouls and sat. The d got soft. Bradley stood around and watched the dunk-a-thon for a while. That crap has got to stop.

Compliments have to be earned.

I believe this team has big time potential, but it needs a lot more team work. It needs Terry getting 8 assists and harris chipping in 4 or 5. It needs damp to be a consistent offensive option, and people passing to him when he's open.It needs Stack and Fin to score more consistently. When those things happen, maybe we CAN challenge the Spurs.

I have high hopes that the lighter schedule, allowing more practice time will help. I don't have a problem with telling guys at practice, 'you need to get better'. Thats so obvious, they don't need to be told.

Nellies comments were a simple warning. Play like that and you'll lose 2 more at home.All that is, is the truth.