View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
Because I have no idea how Parcells feels about Henson. Everyone assumes that because Parcells didn't play Henson this season, he isn't in the plans for 2005. I'm holding out hope, but if I'm wrong then QB would be pretty high on the list.
I think you have to assume that Parcells doesn't see Henson as part of the future in Dallas. If he were, he would have run him out there, for at least a game or two.

As for Vinny, if they trot him out there, it will signal that Parcells has officially lost it.

And that Jerry has lost his cajones.
KG, I see this completely the other way. If he *does* think Henson is the future, he'd be more apt to protect him this year. Bill just flat doesn't like throwing young QB's out there if he doesn't have to. Witness how long he let Phil Simms ride the pine and learn.

From there it follows that if Henson is indeed the basket they are putting their eggs in for the future, a veteran stopgap would be necessary, perhaps even to start the season next year. So if Bill trots Vinny out there, things may actually be going according to the grand plan.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote