Thread: The MVP Race
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
dirk41nowitzki

dirk41nowitzki is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The MVP Race

Quote:
Originally posted by: #41
If the Wolves continue to struggle Dirk may get enough votes to join Shaq, Duncan, Steve and James in the All NBA 1st team! Kobe and Amare WILL NOT be in the team! btw Amare is no center, even if he plays that position right now.
Thats not necessarily true. Amare is starts at C so he will have to be voted in as a center on the all-NBA team. I am pretty sure about that. Duncan will not be voted in as a C since he starts at PF, unless Malone joins him and forces him to play C. Lebron meanwhile is a F because on every boxscore he's listed at SF while Newble at SG, so unless there are changes in the second half of the season, Lebron will be voted in as a F, which makes the F spot even tougher. So Kobe will easily make the team with averages of 28/7/7.
As for Garnett, I think as long as his team is still in the playoffs it will be impossible to leave him out. He's the only Wolves who is playing consistently so it's not his fault his team is losing.
The best chance for Dirk to make the team I'd say is if he plays more center. That would probably only happen if Dampier (touch wood) gets injured.
The way I see it, the All-NBA teams will go (as of now):
C-Amare
F-Garnett
F-Lebron
G-Kobe
G-Nash
2nd team
C-Shaq
F-Duncan
F-Dirk
G-Ray
G-Wade
This could be one of the most wide open races for MVP in a while.