View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 12:29 PM   #19
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default RE:Who plays online poker?

you just have to get used to the bad beats. personally, i take them very hard and will think about them for hours afterwards, if not days. they say you remember your bad beats more than your big wins. for instance...

last night, played my first tourney at fulltilt (regular at ub). eighth hand in, get rockets around back. big blind +2 raises small, i come over him big (2x pot), he flat calls. rag flop. he checks, i send him all in (i had already won a decent size hand), he calls. he had called a big reraise out of position preflop with 66. hit the two outer on the flop. left me with 400 or so chips. and an attitude.

i wander around for a few hands cursing him, then get pocket tens in the middle. i'm already short stacked, so what the heck. under the gun limps, next guy 2x's the blind, i raise all in. both guys call (for about 1/3 their stack). limper had A2 suited, raiser had 44. needless to say, A on flop did me in. just couldn't understand calling that big a raise out of position with a raiser (who had a big enough stack to empty him) and a reraiser behind him with, what in all likelihood, was a dominated hand that was barely worth a limp to begin with. he, of course, thought it was brilliant. aarrggghhhhhh!!!

play long enough, you'll have sob stories just like that one. and no one will want to hear about them, just like that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]