View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:58 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Publik Skule vs. Home School

Quote:
Originally posted by: jacktruth
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
You are right though. Homeshcooling your own children to only one perspective is just as bad. But, that's the beauty of home school--you can do whatever you want (or need), and you can probably do it better than the public school, in most cases.
I don't buy that. Sure, maybe some parents can do a better job than public schools, but I don't believe that the average parent can do a better job on the whole...Perhaps you just hang out in a more exclusive circle than the average American.
Maybe I do. I'm really thinking about the parents who decide to home school. Of that group, most do a better job than the public school system can.

But I think that is a result of so many generations outsourcing thier child's education. It becomes the only way known to operate. I would say that if home schooling was established 2 generations ago as a norm, our country would be more educated. Maybe in two generations we will be.

Sure...I can see what you're getting at. Obviously, I was just speaking about parents in general.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote