View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 04:37 PM   #29
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:here it is MR. XERXES- the TOP 16 voted KERRY!!! WOW....

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Mavdog, thanks for the research. Where'd you find the numbers? I'd have to say, though, that you're just ranking the states by level of formal education, not necessarily by level of intelligence. I know plenty of entrepreneurs and/or self-starters whom I consider to be more intelligent than their more formally educated counterparts.
I deal with demograhic data daily, I have the US demographic database from Claritas. I believe that it is also available from the feds, it just isn't trended (only the raw 2000 numbers).

My point is there is no other way to rank the individual states as to the "smarts" of its pop than to utilize educational attainment. You cannot do it by income, for as you mention there are some who don't complete a formal education yet have been very successful in life.

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote