View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 02:40 AM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Iverson is the man

Quote:
AI's other "2nd option" players have been mediocre at best. Honestly, pick one that you'd like to pair with Dirk and then fill with role players. Stack you can make an argument... BUT

Van Horn
Big Dog
Don’t’ forget Kukoc who was an 18 point 5 assist guy before going to Philly. Iverson was so happy to have him that he came to the press conference. Big dog is kind of a head case, but he’s a head case that can fill it up. He got fewer shots last year with AI than he was getting with Cassell and Ray Allen. It would have been interesting to see what Iverson and Hughes could have done together. I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine a player with 18-20 ppg capabilities would want to play with Iverson because, while it pretty simplistic, scorers like to shoot.

Quote:
You're right that the finals year was EXACTLY what AI needs. But who's to knock the fact that a great defensive team complements AI?
I’m not knocking it…just saying that it’s hard to assemble a team of guys who will be content to sell out on defense and rebound every night without worrying about touches. Plus a team like that isn’t well equipped to withstand his injuries which will probably be coming with more frequency as he ages.

Quote:
Not sure what you think of Billy King
The Greg Buckner and Kenny Thomas contracts tell me all I need to know.

Quote:
At least you use the word "greatness"
I like the player…I’m just not sure his game is such that any series of moves will put Philly back in contention. Hopefully they can get someone else in there and prove me wrong because I’d love to see him make another playoff run.