View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #40
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Iverson is the man

Quote:
Originally posted by: seal614
Kobe is now a volume shooter in case you didn't realize. In fact, Kobe scores LESS (27) on a LOWER % (40). He also averages less assists and less steals in the same minutes.

If you want to go by standings then (although utter bs) the sixers are in 3rd? I mean I think it's garbage but they are where they are. Marc Jackson can score on almost anybody down low, but plays no D. Kenny Thomas is streaky.

I hope the sixers hold onto dalembert and iguodala as both guys will be something to see in the future. I can't help but think that Iverson is at least helping Sammy along. If not, then the 15 lobs he sends Sammy's way everynight are something else. Ditto Iguodala but it's tough to judge his game because he holds SO much back to stay on the floor.

I mean we have a starter that Jersey pretty much gave us for pennies. Sure he's turning into a great player, but how can he do that with AI on the court? ~ Korver.

He is a volume shooter but breaking down good nights vs. bad pretty much shows that you are looking for something to whine about. He shoots 42%. While low, it's not 35 as much as you'd like it to be.

Kobe shoots 15% on 12% of his nights; who cares.

- Brian
the point being that kobe in the west(a tougher conference in case you didn't notice) is making his teammates better.

did anyone think the lakers were even going to sniff the 8th spot?

Like i said earlier, Iverson has good enough players to have a decent record in the east..and that isn't happening..they're hovering around .500 and Boston could win that division the way they're playing, which means that sixers might not even make the playoffs

Dalembert gets 15 lobs?? I guess he can't catch because he's averaging 7 ppg..so no, iverson isn't really "helping sammy along"

I'm not whining about anything..I'm stating why i don't think Iverson is as great as your homer-ism makes him out to be..It seems like you can't back up the trash you've been spewing
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote