Thread: P.J. Brown
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE:P.J. Brown

Quote:
Again, you are talking about SPARES. SCRUBS. None of these guys are borderline starters, or anything that should make the Mavs worry enough to run out and look for upgrades, with the possible exception of Swift. If that is the extent of the poblem, I will retain team chemistry and leave everything as is.

OK, I want you to look at my first post directed towards you. In that last paragraph i said that i don't think the combo of Dirk and Hendu will work in the playoffs and that Nelson doesn't play Booth and Bradley enough to play their best. And i also said that those other guys are Forwards <u>AND</u> can play some Center. Henderson is a good option at the forward, but he cannot, and i repeat, cannot play the 5. And i named players who have played some minutes well at the 5 for their team.

PJ Brown, the guy who this thread is about, can play minutes at the 5. In order to have more consistency from our frontcourt, Brown is a better option because he brings more to the table.

Quote:
And the essence of my point is in the final thing you say: "i'm a fan of Hendu and have appreciated what he's done this season, but at the same time i'm not naive to think he's the best backup in this league." SO WHAT? At best, only one of the guys you named could be construed as the "best backup in this league" - and your thesis apparently was that Henderson is the WORST (which again conflicts with "i'm a fan of Hendu and have appreciated what he's done this season.") Henderson is the WORST? That's just an absurd opinion.
I want you to go back and find where i said Henderson is the WORST. But clearly other people on this board don't think he's the best if they want to trade him for Brown.

Quote:
Some of them were starters years ago. SO WHAT? You say that some of them are tall - but then again, some are short. You say some are fast - but then again, some are slow. You say some of them had a good game or two in the past - again, SO WHAT? Everyone has a decent game here or there. You say ALL those players you named are CURRENTLY Mavs-killers? Nonsense - total unadulterated horse hockey.
What do you mean they started years ago. Swift and Griffin started this season. Dike, Taylor, Grant, Fortson started just LAST season. And Songalia, Madsen and Horry have all started when a starter's been injured. Like i said earlier, i didn't make this stuff up.

Quote:
You are afflicted with "grass is greener over the fence" eyesight. All those players (again with the possible exception of Swift) are mediocre, and if they (rather than Hendu) were on the Mavs where you watched them every game rather than seeing them for a few minutes once a month or less, you would realize the Mavs have something that isnt broke, so it doesnt need fixing. Henderson is making a significant contribution this year, and people in the Mavs organization are very aware of that fact, whether you can see it or not.
The grass is greener if they have players that are better fit for our team then Henderson.

And for your information, i've seen all but ONE Mavs game this season, and i know that Henderson himself hasn't been solid every game. He was really good at the beginning of the season, but he came back to reality after a few games. Now i think his overall play is good, but he isn't that much better if at all than Najera.

The Mavs frontcourt are much like my computer, it's not broke, but it's out-dated.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote