View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 05:13 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Some Christians Never Give Up...lol

Quote:
I think this is the root of our differences. It just has not been my experience. I’ve seen far less bigotry against homosexuals in church than I have in general society
Bro, I am not talking about "general society"(maybe we are talking about different things [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )....I would hope there is less bigotry in the "saved" church than in "lost" society. I don't think most Christians's feelings about Homosexuality is intentionaly mean or hard hearted, I do however (and I hope by now I've made this clear) believe that most Christians treat homosexuality has a "different" sin. One they are (understandably) unconfortable with. I do find it saddening that there is less of a corporate commitment to reach homosexuals with the Gospel by the church....that is my point.
Quote:
Then your question was a straw man. I don’t know anyone who would say that the adulterer is more likely to receive salvation if both refuse to repent (or if both do repent).
no, my question is perfectly valid. It is based upon the idea that both adultery and homosexuality are sins of the flesh...both sins needing forgivness.
Quote:
I have met people who say the homosexual does not need to repent
once again I think we may have found our area of confusion. I am not such a person. Though I hope to treat homosexuals with dignity and respect (the same dignity and respect I hope to show all men and women) I do find it Biblically to be a sin.
Quote:
I thought you assumed that in your example. 1) I don’t know why else anyone would treat the two differently. And 2) it’s more common in our society for homosexuality to be treated as a repentance free behavior
I hope I've cleared up the confusion on this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
I’d say no. But I don’t know if everyone would say no.
If you want to further discuss this in PM, I would be glad to...at least you are thinking about such things...most never do
Quote:
You sound like you’ve read a lot of theology (well, enough to use the word salvific ).
yeah, they teach that kind of stuff so that you sound like you know what you're talking about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Habitual adulterers like you describe are “icky”.
and you'll find them in churches every Sunday...pretending like no ONE (notice the capital letters) knows
Quote:
Prisoners scare me. Illogical and unfair, but I clam up and have no idea what to say when I’m talking to someone I know was in jail.
An honest man. Don't watch Oz reruns [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ....but really I have found that (much like working with the homeless) they just want to be treated like people.

as I've said multiple times now, UL, (I think all this is mostly caused by lack of detail in our posts and the other guy making assumptions)...I think we agree. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote