View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #147
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

I didn't realize that Rolle (samari) was going cost THIS much. Of course I'd love to see Daniel Synder damn himself to salarycap hell - but I would hate to face the quy twice a year if he's really this good. In retrospect the Cowboys were smart not to overpay for Winfield last year - there are significantly better options on the table this year for the same money.

the worldwide leader
Quote:
Despite denials from team officials, the Washington Redskins are pursuing a deal with cornerback Samari Rolle, one of six veterans released last week by the Tennessee Titans in a bloody salary cap purge, and a player who is among the most coveted free agents in the league.

Several league sources here said that Rolle, a seven-year veteran with superb cover skills, could command a signing bonus of as much as $15 million given the spending habits of Washington owner Daniel Snyder and the team's need for a cornerback.

One potential hangup to a contract agreement: Rolle was arrested two weeks ago on domestic assault charges and Redskins coach Joe Gibbs will have to be convinced that the veteran cornerback is not a character risk.

Rolle, 28, would replace Fred Smoot in the Redskins secondary. Smoot, one of the best young cornerbacks in the league, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday. He has already rejected a contract extension proposal that included a $10 million signing bonus and seems intent on testing the free agent market.